Hello future brides! Congratulations on your engagement- now comes the time when you have to give some thought to how you’re going to let the world know of your impending nuptials and celebrations! Your wedding invitations are your guest’s first glimpse into your wedding theme & essentially, first impression! So we completely understand how your wedding stationery can be overwhelming, amongst finding the perfect design, etiquette, wording, and timing- but don’t worry we have you covered with an all-inclusive wedding stationery timeline!
Today’s ask the expert advice comes from Jasmine’s Lead Stationery Extraordinaire, Michelle.
- Compile a guest list
- Schedule Engagement Photos
- Get inspired- begin to research!
- Schedule Save-the-Date Consultation
- Mail Save-the-Dates (general etiquette is to send atleast 6 months prior)
- Mail Destination Wedding Invitations (minimum 8 months prior)
- Plot out potential invitation wording
- Gather all of the information you will need to tell your guests and decide how you will present this to them eg. enclosure cards
- Get inspired- Research Wedding Invitations
- Schedule Invitation Consultation- choose the design, wording, font, paper stock for your wedding invitations, table & escort cards, & thank-you notes.
- Review & approve proofs of Wedding Invitations & Stationery
- Finalize & order Invitations
Rule of thumb: Allow 3-4 weeks for self-addressing
Allow 10 days for printing and shipping
Custom orders & designs will take longer to produce
- Start addressing wedding invitations (allow 1 month to address/assemble).
- Order favors, Thank-You Cards, Rehearsal Dinner Invitations, & Bridal Shower Invitations
- Finalize design for programs, table/place cards, & Menu
- Develop system to organize RSVPs
- Weigh & purchase postage
- Mail wedding invitations
- Mail Rehearsal Dinner Invitations
- Request for RSVP’s (4 weeks prior)
- Record RSVP’s
- Start to write Thank-Yous
- Order place cards, programs, placecards
- Contact guests who have not RSVP’d (2 weeks prior)
- Submit final head count and seating chart to designer and caterer (2 weeks prior)
- Finalize place cards and seating chart design (2 weeks prior)