This week our favorite stylist, Jennifer, discusses how to look MOB Fabulous!
Whether you’re the mother of the bride or the mother of the groom, you have a leading role on the wedding day! All eyes will be on you as you walk into the ceremony and when you’re announced at the reception. And what about all those pictures? Here are some fantastic new looks and advice to bring you into the spotlight!
- Think of the wedding as a big production in which you have one of the leading roles! Know how to dress your part – ask the bride for a guide on how she envisions the day.
- Begin shopping early! As soon as the bride has chosen her gown and selected the bridesmaid color you can begin your search. It is never too early to get ideas and plan ahead. You may need more time than you think if you plan on ordering. Last minute shopping can be stressful.
- Decide what color you want to wear. Start looking with several color choices in mind – you don’t need to limit yourself to just one! Chose colors that flatter you as well as compliment the wedding colors to look and feel your best! Jewel tones always look wonderful and metallic shades are very popular.
- Remember the bride! If you are unsure, ask the bride to show you pictures of what she envisions – if she selects something you are unsure about or do not like, let her know and try your best to compromise. You have to feel comfortable to feel your best!
- Finally, don’t forget the details! Stylish but comfortable shoes are a must, you will have a long day hosting the wedding. A beautiful pair of earrings will compliment any style dress. Put some extra effort into your accessories – you will have the confidence you finished your look with style!
Here are some of my FAVORITE gowns to get you RED-CARPET fabulous!